Introduction to Mobile Application Development using Android
Date: On request
Category: Software development
Have you ever wondered how your favorite mobile applications are developed?
Join us on a gentle journey through the mobile application development landscape, using Android as the platform. Along the way we will learn to use Android Studio, the integrated development environment (IDE) for Android apps. This course is intended for students who have some prior programming experience. The course will introduce you to the basics of the Android platform, Android application components, Activities and their lifecycle, UI design, Multimedia, 2D graphics and networking support in Android.
This course covers the following topics:
- Android platform and the Android Studio IDE
- Android components, Activities and their lifecycle, Intents
- UI Design: Widgets and Layouts, UI Events, Event Listeners
- 2D graphics: Canvas/Drawing using a view
- Multimedia: Audio playback and MediaPlayer
- Network support: AsyncTask, HttpURLConnection
What you'll learn
- Describe the basic components of an Android application.
- Define the lifecycle methods of Android application components.
- Describe the basics of event handling in Android.
- Describe the basics of graphics and multimedia support in Android.
- Demonstrate basic skills of using an integrated development environment (Android Studio) and Android Software Development Kit (SDK) for implementing Android applications.
- Demonstrate through a simple application the understanding of the basic concepts of Android.
Who is eligible:
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99)
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Jogesh K Muppala
Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
To participate in this training, you can ENROLL NOW.
Share with Your Friends